Peer Reviewing Procedure
In order to ensure the high quality standards of the journal “Scientific Papers. Series A. Agronomy” published by the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest, Faculty of Agriculture, the scientific papers received from the authors worldwide are subject to blind peer reviewing by an International Group of experts.
The objective of the scientific evaluation is for all the papers accepted for publication to have a high value of the scientific content and bring significant and original contributions to the specific topic.
Peer-review objectives and criteria
1. The Peer-Review Editorial Board members ensure that:
- the title of the paper corresponds to the topics of the journal;
- the paper is original and brings new aspects, opinions, methods, contributions to the field;
- the paper has an adequate scientific content;
- the paper complies with the Instructions for authors document.
2. The International Peer-Review will be ensured by the members of the Scientific Board, who are well-known experts in their field of activity (including professors, senior lecturers and researchers). The peer reviewing of the scientific papers will take into consideration the following criteria:
- the paper format complies with the Instructions for authors;
- the abstract clearly presents the content of the paper;
- the Introduction section synthetically presents the problem under investigation and presents the main information and results flow existing in the field (state of the art);
- the Materials and Methods section presents enough information related to materials, equipment and techniques which are suitable described, and methods, standards and measurements which are appropriate to use for the goal of the research;
- the Results and Discussions section is accurately presented and commented and the outcomes improve the knowledge in the field;
- the Conclusions section briefly presents the main ideas and results of the research, comprising in a complete, concise and clear perspective;
- the References section contains recent publication titles, and all the cited sources in the scientific paper are presented in this section;
- the paper presents actual, original and relevant information and the contribution to the field is significant;
- technical quality: the appropriate use of terminology; the clearness of the tables, figures, etc;
- the information in the paper is clearly presented and approached in a logical manner;
- the paper presents detailed research.
1. Authors submit the paper abstracts on the Online Platform http://agricultureforlife.usamv.ro.
2. Authors receive an automatic email message, confirming that the file (abstract) has been successfully uploaded on the platform.
3. Editorial Board members evaluate for compliance and accept or reject the electronically received abstracts.
4. Authors receive an automatic email message, confirming the change of the abstract status (if it was accepted or rejected).
5. Authors submit the scientific paper (electronic format) on the Online Platform http://agricultureforlife.usamv.ro for each accepted abstract.
6. Authors receive an automatic email message, confirming that the file (full paper) has been successfully uploaded on the platform.
7. Editorial Board members assign the submitted paper to reviewers for blind Peer-Review.
8. The reviewers evaluate the paper and, if the case, send feedback to the authors (the names of the authors and the reviewers are not disclosed in the process).
9. The authors solve the received feedback, if the case, and re-upload the new modified file (full paper) online (overwriting the old paper). The reviewers are automatically notified that the authors have re-uploaded the modified scientific paper.
10. The peer reviewers verify that the feedback has been correctly and completely solved, they fill-in the evaluation forms and send it to the Editorial Board with the recommendation to accept or reject the scientific paper.
11. The Editorial Board members, based on the evaluations from the peer reviewers, decide to accept or reject the scientific paper.
12. Authors receive an automatic email message, confirming that the file (full paper) has been accepted for publication or rejected.
13. Authors pay the participation fee for the accepted papers and upload the copy of the payment documents on the online platform.
14. The accepted papers print format is validated by the Publishing House.
15. The final formats of the papers are published in both printed and electronic format on the Journal website http://agronomyjournal.usamv.ro